The first building was purchased from Mr. A.H. Davison in 1892 and was first called "East of the Tracks School." In 1895 the school was renamed under the administration of Mr. W.F. Selleck, who was the Superintendent of Schools from 1892-1901. 30 Students attended the one room frame building school with one teacher. In 1914 the original building was torn down and replaced by a three room brick and frame building, consisting of one story and a basement, at a cost of $ 9,429.
There was a need to add an addition of four classrooms and a gymnasium in 1937. Later on when the school population of the area changed the classrooms were put to use for other purposes by the school system.
If anyone has more information on the history of Webster School in Austin, MN please click on the Contact Us button and let us know. We would love to share the history of this school with everyone in the community.